Re: Instabilities with multi threaded application
- From: Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com>
- To: Tiago Cogumbreiro <cogumbreiro linus uac pt>
- Cc: Gnome-devel-list <gnome-devel-list gnome org>, spamfrommailing freax org
- Subject: Re: Instabilities with multi threaded application
- Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:01:58 -0400
Tiago Cogumbreiro wrote:
I've just been browsing the g_idle_add function source code. This
function calls g_idle_add_full. g_idle_add_full creates a new idle
source and attaches it to the main context using g_source_attach.
The cool thing about it is that the context access is locked, through a
mutex, inside the g_source_attach function, therefore i think it's safe
enough to do it the way I'm doing.
Am I missing something? Or doesn't the mutex keep thing safe?
Sweet, I'm just in denial of it being that simple ;-)
] [Thread Prev