Re: Instabilities with multi threaded application
- From: Tiago Cogumbreiro <cogumbreiro linus uac pt>
- To: Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com>
- Cc: Gnome-devel-list <gnome-devel-list gnome org>, spamfrommailing freax org
- Subject: Re: Instabilities with multi threaded application
- Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:15:44 +0000
On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 19:01, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Tiago Cogumbreiro wrote:
> > I've just been browsing the g_idle_add function source code. This
> > function calls g_idle_add_full. g_idle_add_full creates a new idle
> > source and attaches it to the main context using g_source_attach.
> > The cool thing about it is that the context access is locked, through a
> > mutex, inside the g_source_attach function, therefore i think it's safe
> > enough to do it the way I'm doing.
> > Am I missing something? Or doesn't the mutex keep thing safe?
> Sweet, I'm just in denial of it being that simple ;-)
Cool, less work form me ^_^
Thanks for all your help/clarifications and prompt response.
] [Thread Prev