Re: Instabilities with multi threaded application

Since Philip is using pthreads and gthreads use pthreads (in linux,
which i am assuming is his platform), wouldn't a simple gthreads_init,
suffice?

Also, if only one thread changes the gui is the
gdk_threads_{enter,leave} needed surrounding main_loop?

Are g_{idle,timeout}_add add thread safe? Can i call them from another
problems with no problems whatsoever? I'm am routing all my gui related
tasks to these functions and therefore skiping the gdk lock, is this an
acceptable procedure?

I am also very interested in helping out in this issue, especially
because there are some issues that i think that need a bit more
explaining and/or examples.

Oh and one more thing, the glib documentation has a bug in
g_strsplit_set function's documentation:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-String-Utility-Functions.html#g-strsplit-set

I'm assuming this function came from somewhere else and had the name
g_strtokenize, it should be g_strsplit_set. Should i fill a bug report
about this?