Re: This is a Troll!

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 21:17, James Henstridge wrote:

> There is some work to develop a new file selector going on in libegg at
> the moment which you might find interesting.  I guess it will be
> targetted at GTK 2.4 at this stage.  Note that putting the file selector
> at any layer above GTK will lead to inconsistency (not all apps will use
> the gnome libraries, and it would be nice for plain gtk+ apps to fit in
> as best as possible).

I recall reading that since glib supports plugins, the file-dialog may
be designed as one - people without gnome-libs would get a plainish file
dialog, while those with gnome-libs could get a gnome-enhanced dialog,
even on gtk-only apps.  Is this not going to be the case, then, or do we
get this coolness?