Re: Canvas shortcomings
- From: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris ximian com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk>, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Canvas shortcomings
- Date: 21 Jun 2001 03:25:15 +0200
On 17 Jun 2001 14:45:53 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk> writes:
> > Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> > > - Model is painting, not a canvas
> > What do you mean by this?
> By "canvas" I mean, something like GnomeCanvas, where you
> have an object for every item in the scene.
> Such a layer can be built on top.
> By "painting" I just mean that the scene is rendered by
> a series of drawing operation calls, like X, Quickdraw,
> GDI, OpenGL, Java2D, etc.
> The main difference from something like X is that to
> draw a hollow rectangle, you would:
> Create a box shape
> Call the .stroke() method on the box shape to get another shape
> Render this shape to destination drawable.
Owen you are muddling water!
] [Thread Prev