Re: Canvas shortcomings

Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk> writes:

> Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
>
> >  - Model is painting, not a canvas
>
> What do you mean by this?

By "canvas" I mean, something like GnomeCanvas, where you
have an object for every item in the scene.

Such a layer can be built on top.

By "painting" I just mean that the scene is rendered by
a series of drawing operation calls, like X, Quickdraw,
GDI, OpenGL, Java2D, etc.

The main difference from something like X is that to
draw a hollow rectangle, you would:

 Create a box shape
 Call the .stroke() method on the box shape to get another shape
 Render this shape to destination drawable.

Regards,
                                        Owen