Re: Canvas shortcomings

Ah, you brought into discussion my secret love!
I used to program in pure PostScript about 5 years ago, and still have
strong inclination to its beautiful and consistent syntax.

But do not forget, that PS consists of 2 parts:

1) Fort-like general purpose language. It is excellent - I think one
   of the best programming languages ever implemented.
2) Imaging opearators. These are - to not to say too much - mostly crap.

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski