Core Dump with checkbox

Hi all,

I've been going through the GTK+ tutorial on the GTK+ website, and while
running the rangewidgets example, when I click on the checkbox, I get the
following core dump:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkbox.c: line 332 (gtk_box_pack_start): assertion
`child->parent == NULL' failed.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I haven't gotten deep enough into gnome programming to figure out what is
going on, but I know that I have the code correct as on the website.

If I'm posting to the wrong group, please let me know.  If someone could
point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it, as I'm trying to
learn...

Thanks much.

--
Douglas G. Phillips