Game programming (forked from: Gnome Media Library)
- From: Derek Simkowiak <dereks kd-dev com>
- To: Sean Thomas Middleditch <sean middleditch iname com>
- cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, recipient list not shown: ;
- Subject: Game programming (forked from: Gnome Media Library)
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:53:03 -0800 (PST)
> there's a nice wrapper/whatever-you-call-it for C++, I'll be happy!
> ;-) Not that my happiness matters, but as a game developer, I know
> that straight C is dying... nothing is used in high-end games except
> C++, the occassional assembler, and the odd scripting-language to
> control internal events. So I like C++. So there. :P
This is interesting to know...
Things may be different in the Open Source universe, however.
OpenGL (and Loki's new, yet promising OpenAL) is C, and Id recently
released the source to Quake I under the GPL (and Quake was in C).
It'll be interesting to watch.
] [Thread Prev