Media Library, pt. 2

Okay guys, I believe that the conversation has gono a bit offtrack...

So far, we have talked about how to make a media library... This is all well
and good, but we need to figure out _what_ the media library should do - if
we don't get this right, we'll end up with YAML (Yet Another Media Library),
so - dudes - give me some input... I've got quite a bit for myself, but I
need some more input :
So just a few questions to get the juice flowing:

* Should we make a filter graph based system ? If not, what else ?

* Should we make some sort of Media Server CORBA Service that app's connect
to, or should each app run in a vacuum ? What are the pros / cons ?

* How much of the internal structure should be revealed to application
developers ? Should we make simple & complex interfaces ?

* Should distributed media processing be at the core of the system, or left
for someone else to implement on top ?

* How much control should an app be able to take ?

* What about device control ? (apparently Apple has this in Quicktime)

* How should we balance felxibilty / simplicity ?

I have lots of opinions on this, But I'm not telling yet - so give me what
you've got...

Keep Coding. Always.
Nicholas

B.t.w. I also spoke to someone from Eazel at the conference (can't remember
the
name)... They said that they were looking at media as well.... Does anyone
out there
know anything about this?