Gnome Media Library: my point of view

Hi, I'm the author of Electric Ears, an audio editor.

IMHO writing a good gnome media library is a quite difficult issue.
But we are the best hackers on the earth, so come on! :-)

A good gnome media library should provide good interfaces to different
programs:
- net-streaming: for example something like RealAudio/RealVideo
- real-time processing: for example ARTS
- post-editing; for example Electric Ears or Goldwave for win
Everyone of these could use all strange features of every meta-file format
they like.

So a general interface to all formats is useful, but it would be better
to have also the possibility to work on strange features.

My 0.02 euro.

--
A. Bosio
<st970751@educ.di.unito.it>