Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome

Hi

Hassan Aurag <aurag@crm.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>  Then ditch Enlightenment!
>  That has always been my position.

Why can't the GNOME project take a windowmanager-agnostic position? Give
people a list of the ones that work and are compliant and then let them
choose rather than specifically recommending one.

>  Even though I still prefer Enlightenment over Sawmill (for Fx reasons),
> I say ditch them if they are not going to be 100% gnome compatible!

I don't think that either Raster or Mandrake have said that they don't
intend to remain compliant with the GNOME WM spec - they put quite a bit of
effort into 0.16 to make it KDE compliant too.

Personally, I have no desire to use anything other than Enlightenment unless
the others get a lot better, so I would be fairly annoyed if GNOME 2
demanded sawmill as a dependancy. I would be similarly annoyed if E wasn't
compliant though.

--
| __ -| | .'|  _| '_|___|__   | | |   |  chris@black-sun.co.uk
            S o f t w a r e