Re: An Idea...

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Ghostscript's imaging model does not include alpha channel
> composition, so this forces people interested in that sort of
> technology to roll their own rasterizers.
>
> gnome-print addresses that.
>
> Miguel.

Well. There are things I don't understand anymore since the discussion
started.
Do we still want to keep postscript as the default file format for
printing? Do we want to use postscript for printing or only as a
portable print file format?
If we want to use postscript all the time. Why don't we want to enhance
ghostscript: code too messy? If gs code is too messy, why wouldn't we
want to improve it to suit our needs, considering 10 years work has been
done onto it ?

And finally, is there a page about gnome-print explaining the goals of
the project in details?

Wolfgang

--
Les nombres imitent l'espace, qui est de nature si différente.
Pascal, Pensées