Re: Does the bug tracker actually work?

* Havoc Pennington (hp@redhat.com) wrote at 14:05 on 05/08/00:

> Martin Baulig <martin@home-of-linux.org> writes:
> > Btw. does Bugzilla has any way to kick of stupid users ?
> > I just spend over half an hour deleting really stupid bug reports in GTop
> > and are kind of annoyed because of this.
> >

> They could just make a new account under a different name.
>
> > I think we also need to change our policy on reporting bugs like most other
> > projects do this.
> >
> > There must be some way to automatically filter out all "it crashed" and other
> > crap and just let real bugs go into the bug tracker.  IMO the new bug tracking
> > system needs to be changed in a way where the maintainer needs to approve all
> > bug reports before they go into the tracker.
> >
> > At the moment the bug tracker is pretty much useless because of all this
> > crap in it.
> >

> Bugs go in to Bugzilla as NEW and you have to process them and mark
> them ASSIGNED to someone. You can query for NEW/ASSIGNED bugs.

The even cooler thing is, you can get updated (by email) on a bug's status
report. For example, you can be email'd updates on all bugs assigned to you,
and all bugs REPORTED by you. This is very very useful :) (you can see new
comments, when it was closed, etc etc).

I depend on this feature A LOT (really useful when a bug is assigned to
somebody else and you'd like to know when its fixed)

Regards,
Ali