Re: Does the bug tracker actually work?

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> In the meantime you could use a local copy of Bugzilla to figure out
> how to set up Bugzilla and migrate the old bugs, then when we get the
> new machine we can give you an account and you can hop on there and
> get it going. Or we can get it going and you can run your magic
> debbugs converter.

This'd also be a good occasion to get rid of all this old crap.

Btw. does Bugzilla has any way to kick of stupid users ?
I just spend over half an hour deleting really stupid bug reports in GTop
and are kind of annoyed because of this.

I think we also need to change our policy on reporting bugs like most other
projects do this.

There must be some way to automatically filter out all "it crashed" and other
crap and just let real bugs go into the bug tracker.  IMO the new bug tracking
system needs to be changed in a way where the maintainer needs to approve all
bug reports before they go into the tracker.

At the moment the bug tracker is pretty much useless because of all this
crap in it.

--
Martin Baulig
martin@gnome.org (private)