Does the bug tracker actually work?

Last week I posted a patch on this list for gnome-terminal, and I was
told to submit it to the bug tracker.  Since then I have come up with a
second patch, fixing a minor bug in zvt.

I sent both of these patches to the submit@bugs.gnome.org, but I've had no
response and they have not appeared in the tracker.  Is it broken?  I
also emailed one of the patches to gnome-core-maint@gnome.org - again,
no response.

I have now submitted the patches to the Helixcode tracker, which at
least responds to the submissions.

So, does bugs.gnome.org actually work, or am I failing some initiation
ritual that makes submitting patches extra difficult.

Paul