Re: new applet proposal for the panel in gnome-core

Fabrice Bellet wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 05:21:05AM -0700, George wrote:
>
> Yes, I understand the problem, and I think that shifting all the applets
> into a separate package is the right solution. It's useless to let the
> gnome-core getting bigger and bigger. Although you may keep some
> characteristics applets (well written, or using some typical
> library calls) as tutorial examples, for people who want to develop their
> own applet based on these models. Other applets have been very useful to
> me :-)
>
> Fabrice

	I like the idea, but I would adivise to left some applets in the core
package, like the gnome-pager and the clock that are realy 'core'
functions.

	What I mean, one should be able to run a basic functional panel with
only the core package. Other bells and whistles would come in the
applets package. I would certainly have the both of them installed any
way.:-)

--
"You take the red pill and you stay in wonderland,
and I'll show you how deep the rabit hole goes", Morpheus.

[]'s Victor Bogado da Silva Lins