Re: new applet proposal for the panel in gnome-core

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 05:21:05AM -0700, George wrote:

> Well it's actually becoming a problem that there are millions of applets in
> gnome-core. The idea was to separate applets, or have applet authors do
> separate package releases. This makes things actually quite a lot easier.
>
> Although it would be nice for someone to maybe start an "applet repository"
> such as was the one for gimp plugins.

Yes, I understand the problem, and I think that shifting all the applets
into a separate package is the right solution. It's useless to let the
gnome-core getting bigger and bigger. Although you may keep some
characteristics applets (well written, or using some typical
library calls) as tutorial examples, for people who want to develop their
own applet based on these models. Other applets have been very useful to
me:-)

Fabrice