GSL alert [was Re: spec file updating]

    Nils> Related to this: Please build gnome-media on a machine,
    Nils> where gsl{,-devel} are installed, so extace will be built
    Nils> (again). Recent gnome-media RPMS didn't include extace, a
    Nils> simple rebuild did it. The only difference I saw was that
    Nils> gsl was now required for the install of the resulting
    Nils> binary. If you don't want to let gnome-media depend on gsl,
    Nils> maybe you could put extace in a subpackage.

Hmm: there might be a serious problem here.  For Red Hat 6.0 I am
about to release a new GSL (0.4.1 -- it will be out tonight or
tomorrow) so as to get some changes to the complex number API in there
early.  This might cause incompatibilites with the current
gnome-media.

The incompatibilities will be small: the recipe to convert all FFT
calls is trivial.

Should we do anything about this?