Re: Gnome/Linux login/session host for a Solaris appserver

Jérôme Warnier wrote:

Le lun 02/02/2004 à 03:32, Terje J. Hanssen a écrit :
 > 1) Does Gnome (like xdm and CDE) use Xaccess to restrict which XDMCP
 > clients are allowed to connect, or are there other ways to do it?

You can continue to use XDM, or use the GNOME Display Manager (GDM),
which you'll find is easier to configure.

I intend to use GDM. But does GDM use the configuration file Xaccess or another way to restrict which XDMCP clients (by hostname or IP address) are given allowance to connect and get at remote login window (Greeter, gdmlogin)? As long as could see when enabling XDMCP, only the number of hosts or concurrent sessions can be specified.

 > 2) How to include the SJDS host as fontserver in the query?
It depends on your X server (so, running on the client). Most accept
using values retrieved by DHCP, ...

I don't understand what you really meant here.
But would e.g this command on the SS1 XDMCP client work to attach the SJDS/Gnome host also as a fontserver (and login/session host)?:

X -nobanner -query -fp tcp:/SJDShost:7100 SJDShost

 > 3) In addition I wish install the lacking themes Bright and Esco, which
 > are suggested for 8 bit color support.
Are these GTK/GNOME themes, or GDM themes?

This problem/question has been solved on the gnome themes list at:

http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-themes-list/2004-February/msg00003.html

Thanks,
Terje J. Hanssen