Re: Gnome/Linux login/session host for a Solaris appserver

Le mar 03/02/2004 à 11:40, Terje J. Hanssen a écrit :
> Jérôme Warnier wrote:
>
> > Le lun 02/02/2004 à 03:32, Terje J. Hanssen a écrit :
> >  > 1) Does Gnome (like xdm and CDE) use Xaccess to restrict which XDMCP
> >  > clients are allowed to connect, or are there other ways to do it?
>
> > You can continue to use XDM, or use the GNOME Display Manager (GDM),
> > which you'll find is easier to configure.
> >

> I intend to use GDM. But does GDM use the configuration file Xaccess or
> another way to restrict which XDMCP clients (by hostname or IP address)
> are given allowance to connect and get at remote login window (Greeter,
> gdmlogin)?
> As long as could see when enabling XDMCP, only the number of hosts or
> concurrent sessions can be specified.
It seems you found it uses the same system as tcpwrappers.
Great, I didn't know it.

> >  > 2) How to include the SJDS host as fontserver in the query?
> > It depends on your X server (so, running on the client). Most accept
> > using values retrieved by DHCP, ...
> >

> I don't understand what you really meant here.
> But would e.g this command on the SS1 XDMCP client work to attach the
> SJDS/Gnome host also as a fontserver (and login/session host)?:
>
> X -nobanner -query -fp tcp:/SJDShost:7100 SJDShost
I don't know the behavior of your specific X server (X), but it seems
reasonable, as long as SJDShost also runs a X Font Server which shares
its fonts on port 7100/TCP.
It seems like a good command-line for XFree86.