Re: Design Changes

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 01:29:52PM -0700, Dave Camp wrote:
> * UI-Provider changes
>
> This has a similar problem to the event service: One method per ui-component
> doesn't scale.  We're going to have to redo this.  I don't have any concrete
> ideas about this aspect yet, but I think it needs to be changed.

Bonobo will have a set of 'Control' in the near future, which will be
exactly what we're looking for I think. Controls are objects that
expose bits of gui through corba. This will be much better suited
for both MooonSooon parts and the gnome-debug UI Components. instead
of the UiProvider interface, I'd suggest something like:

	enum DebugControl {
		LOCALS_VIEW,
		DISPLAYS_VIEW,
		BREAKPOINT_MANAGER
	};
	GNOME::Control create_ui_part (in DebugControl type);

in GNOME::Debugger::Frontend.

cya,
Martijn
--
Martijn van Beers  <martijn@earthling.net>

'Don't worry if it sounds odd. Believe me, you are talking to
someone who has seen a lot of stuff that is odd. And I don't
mean biscuits.' --- Arthur Dent