Design Changes

OK, after looking at the gnome-debug IDL, and some discussion with
Elliot Lee and Martijn van Beers, I have some suggested changes :

* Event Stuff

The event stuff needs to be redone.  Martijn is going to be using the
CosEvent service for his MooonSooon environment.  After a quick
glance at the spec, it looks pretty nice.  The downside of this service
is that it still needs implementing in ORBit.  There is a little bit of
code in ORBit/src/services/event, but it is nowhere near completion.

Whether or not we use CosEvent, the event stuff must be changed.  We need
to have a more generic method, not a single method for each event.  That
just doesn't scale well.  I think CosEvent is the Right Way to do this,
but we'll have to take a detour to implement that.  If you're interested,
the CosEvent spec is available at
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/97-12-11.

* Commander Reorganization

Elliot Lee suggested having a Program object that identifies the current
state of the program.  This would be a bit cleaner and more object-oriented
than our current DebuggerCommander setup, but very similar.

To implement this, we would take most of the current DebuggerCommander idl
and put it into Program (or something).  DebuggerCommander would retain
load_binary(), unload_binary(), and any other debugger-wide/non-target
methods.  load_binary() would return a Program object.

This particular change would be nice, but probably not 100% necessary.

* UI-Provider changes

This has a similar problem to the event service: One method per ui-component
doesn't scale.  We're going to have to redo this.  I don't have any concrete
ideas about this aspect yet, but I think it needs to be changed.

Anyway, there's my thoughts.  Comments appreciated.
-dave