Re: GNOME::Debugger::Commander proposal

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:

> There is one other nitpick: only the Process::run() operation needs to
> return NotExecutable - it either doesn't make sense or is an impossible
> case for the others.

Sorry for asking silly questions again, but shouldn't all methods be
"exception-protected" ?

My idea was that NotExecutable is raised when someone for instance tries
to invoke any of the run() like methods on a core file or something like
this.

IMHO we should distinguish between NotExecutable (the current process does
not allow being executed at all, for instance it's a core file) or
NotRunning (ie. you can't stop a process when it's not currently running,
but it's just the fact the the process is not currently running which fails
(so you can call run () and then stop () and it will work)).

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org