Re: GNOME::Debugger::Commander proposal

Dave Camp <campd@oit.edu> writes:

> > > These two should return the breakpoint #.
> > Most certainly.
>
> I'm sorry I take that back.
>
> We did this because this interface aims to be asynchronous.  You will send
> a set_breakpoint command, and at some point in the future, you will get
> a "breakpoint set" event on the event channel.

Sorry for asking such silly questions, but ...

What's the big deal in making set/remove breakpoints asynchronous, normally
setting or removing a breakpoint isn't an "expensive" operation and thus
the call will normally immediately return to the caller with the breakpoint
set or removed.

Or do I miss something ?

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org