Re: GNOME::Debugger::Commander proposal

I think the most of the basic layout of the interfaces is very well done.

However,

>            Process execute (in string args);

You are probably going to want to allow passing a sequence<string> for the
args.

>            Process attach (in short pid);
>            Process load_corefile (in string corefile_name);

I think you have to specify an executable name for these operations.

>             /* Breakpoints */

These breakpoint operations should be on a Process, not on a Commander.

>             void set_breakpoint (in string file_name,
>                                  in long line_num,
>                                  in string condition);
>             void set_breakpoint_function (in string file_name,
>                                           in string function_name,
>                                           in string condition);

These two should return the breakpoint #.

>             void enable_breakpoint (in long bp_num);
>             void disable_breakpoint (in long bp_num);
>             void delete_breakpoint (in long bp_num);

There is one other nitpick: only the Process::run() operation needs to
return NotExecutable - it either doesn't make sense or is an impossible
case for the others.

Hope this helps,
-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.