Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:56:45 +0200
From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
To: quim gil nokia com
Cc: mallum openedhand com, mobile-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Hackfest proposed (was RE: Summary of GNOME Mobile GUADEC BOF)
	mallum openedhand com, mobile-devel-list gnome org

Ola,

Le lundi 21 juillet 2008, à 10:52 +0300, quim gil nokia com a écrit :

> > How about a "Desktop Search" hackfest, having people relevant
> > to all of Xesam, Tracker, and Beagle?  Makes a lot of sense to me.
>
> Sounds very interesting! Let's do that.
>
> Next steps?
>
> - Announce the idea to... foundation-list? Planet?

Yes. Anyone can feel free to do this :-)

> - Define the objectives - where?

I'd ask the three projects what they need. We probably also want to ask
users (not end-users, but users of the API, distributors, etc.).

> - Ask the three projects to define the people they send?

Yes.

> We need a concrete plan asap in order to start booking flights and
> accommodation. The city is quite full these days, perhapsit would be
> good to rent something e.g. 20km away from the city in a nice and quiet
> place well connected with train. Details, details...

We definitely need a local person to help with those "tiny" details...

Assuming there's a consensus around this idea, I can probably help a
bit with all this. We probably need a few other opinions before
declaring that we have a consensus, though ;-) (although waiting more
than 2 days is not a good idea either)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.