Re: Unannonced team de_BY or mistake?

Hi Gerfried,

Gerfried Fuchs <alfie ist org> writes:
>  Pretty please, don't Cc: me off list. I received this on list (gnome-de
> that is) and replied because of the mail there, so pretty please don't
> Cc me additionally beside sending to the list...

As you can surely tell, I'm unable to know in front how did you get
the message, so I guess it's better safe then sorry :) -- and, your
header fields made me think something is wrong, rather than that was
your intention.

My mail client obeys Mail-Followup-To[1], so use that please, instead
of whatever you're using now.

Gnus put incorrect recipient (chosen from your CCs) as my "To" field,
which is not what I wanted -- I directed my reply to you, and not
a person my software put there because of lack of precise data. So,
I've "fixed" it manually, and you didn't get what you wanted ;)

since SMTP protocol is not designed to accept only CCs, but must have
someone given in RCPT TO; this would also eliminate chances that some
software will put random person in the To field, because you exactly
specified where do you want response to go.

[1] http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

Now, back to the topic.

>  Well, in discussions in germany (or even austria) it is referenced to
> quite commonly, more like a joke. And I would guess that it was done
> just as a joke, noone partly sensible would use such a locale for daily
> work :)

Actually, I don't mind such locales, and I would be more than glad to
work on something similar for my own language; I would even use it in
my *daily* work (yeah, I'm /that/ kind of person :). Only, I wouldn't
call that translation sr_DE, but more like sr street :-)

Cheers,
Danilo