From: Damien Donlon - Sun Ireland - Solaris Software - Software Engineer <damien donlon sun com>
To: gnome-i18n gnome org, gnome_int_l10n ireland sun com
Subject: Sun - Group 2 translations in CVS
Date: 24 Jul 2002 15:30:40 +0100

Hi All,
I have placed our Group 2 Sun translations at :

gnome-i18n/sun-po/group2 in Gnome CVS.

These are well overdue but I was at other Gnome related stuff this past
few weeks.

The files have been merged to the following branches as of yesterday -
July 23

bonobo-activation       => HEAD
eel                     => HEAD
eog                     => gnome-2-0
gconf                   => HEAD
xscreensaver            => HEAD
gnome-vfs               => gnome-2-0
gtk+                    => gtk-2-0
libbonobo               => HEAD
libbonoboui             => HEAD
libgnome                => HEAD
libgnomecanvas          => HEAD
libgnomeui              => HEAD
metacity                => HEAD
yelp                    => HEAD

If I have got any of these wrong let me know and I will remerge for all
languages.

All files are UTF-8 (they had better be or else I will feel damned silly
8-) )

For most languages there wasn't really much to merge back as the
majority were 100% complete anyhow!

Details on new  & changed messages on a per language basis are :

                NEW        CHANGED

it              1505         311
de              1110         966
fr               590        1032
sv                 0         733
es               344         571
pt_BR             89        2041*
pl                 4         137
ru               554         154
ko                57         317
zh_CN            640         169
zh_TW            256         172
ja               127         374

* Seems a high change count. Can one of the pt_BR translation team
  mail me to let me know why there are so many here? Maybe the merge
  didn't work right but it appears most of the changes are in gtk+

New messages are flagged with the comment "SUN NEW MESSAGE".
Changed messages are flagged with the comment "SUN CHANGED MESSAGE".

Translation for gtk+ and xscreensaver was only done for some languages.
We suspended translation on the remainder of these until a later date.
This accounts for the wide diversity in the number of new messages
between languages because both modules have a lot of translatable
content and those languages above with high new message counts
generally have translation done for one or both of these modules.
Kenneth sent a mail about metacity earlier today. There are a large
number of new translations for this module in there too (Gnome on
Solaris has moved to using metacity as window manager also).

Let me know if you spot any problems with the content. I am on holidays
July 25-26 but will be back on Monday and will resolve any issues
with them then.

Best Regards,
Damien