Re: [gnome-db] How to authenticate with built in HTTP server?

Hi!

I can't test this right now, but if I remember correctly, you will need to enter the same password in the web browser before you can actually do anything. I'll check that ASAP and get back to you.

However, beware that this is fairly insecure if you don't use HTTPS (anybody sniffing will get the password)...

Regards,

How is one supposed to authenticate when running console's built-in
HTTP server?

If I run ".http 4444 password" the server starts up OK and I can go to
http://localhost:4444/ in Firefox but there appears to be no way to
enter the password.  Normally systems which require authentication pop
up a window to ask for it but all that happens with this is that
Firefox says "Authentication Required" as the tab title.
--
Chris Green