Re: [gnome-db] how to install ligda-5.0 or ligda-4.0 on windows with Mingw

On 12 April 2013 02:01, Doudieu Siewe Narcisse <nar6doudieu gmail com> wrote:
that is a very good answer. Could you give some good tutorial on cross compilation on linux??

First you have to install the MinGW  cross compilation toolchain on Linux, most distributions have packages for this (at least Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu have).
This first step is enough to cross compile simple (i.e. not depending on any lobrary except the libc) programs on Linux and produce EXE which can be run on Windows.

If you want to compile Libgda, then you need to install the required libraries (GLib, Gtk and related, LibXML, ...) If you have a Fedora then all the packages are present: they are the mingw-* packages (for example mingw-gtk3). These packages basically contain the .h and .dll files required to compile Libgda. Once they are installed, you can almost run the configure script in Libgda (I'll give you the wrapper script I use once you get there).

What you'll also need are the .h and .dll for the database libraries, which implement each protocol used by each supported database engine (PostgreSQL, MySQL, LDAP, ...) These are more difficult to gather, but again I can send you my test environment to help (except for Oracle which is proprietary and which I can't give you).

Regards,