Re: [gnome-db] how to install ligda-5.0 or ligda-4.0 on windows with Mingw

On 11 April 2013 17:00, Doudieu Siewe Narcisse <nar6doudieu gmail com> wrote:

Hello world,

I try to install libgda 5.0 or 4.0 release on Windows as it is mentioned on this link: https://developer.gnome.org/libgda/stable/installation-installing.html

I notice some errors:

1) there is no libcryto library for Windows ( its name is different )
2) some parsing errors occur
3) I cannot activate the Mysql provider for example when using: ./configure --with-mysql="Mysql_Directory_name".

from the Gnome-DB site we can notice that there are some packages for Windows in this link:http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/libgda/4.2/

There are: a "dev" package which doesn't contain any database providers and another package which contains all the datase providers needed. I don't know how to use this 2 packages together in some applications...

Somebody could help me please??

Sure, I'll try ;-)

Compiling on Windows is tricky and I've only managed to make it work once or twice with different setups, I much prefer to cross compile from Linux.

If what you want to do is compile Libgda on Windows, then I can try to do it on a Windows box and describe all the steps I've taken, but except if you intend to commit some code to Libgda I don't think it's worth the effort.

If what you want is to get started on Libgda on Windows then I suggest you grab the following ZIP files and uncompress them in a single directory:
With these you should be able to execute the example code, and get started to write your own code. Please also see a nice tutorial in http://www.tarnyko.net/repo/gtk3_build_system/tutorial.zip

Regards,