Re: [gnome-db] Update meta store (again)

On 9 March 2012 22:12, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:

On 9 March 2012 12:16, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:
Hi!

I am quite confused with meta store functionality.
First, all operations are very slow (if you compare to direct RDBM
queries) and frnakly speaking I have no idea how to improve them.
Second, I have problems with GdaConnection options.

All is working fine, when I open connection with GDA_CONNECTION_OPTIONS_NONE

and update meta store on demand:
https://github.com/midgardproject/midgard-core/blob/ratatoskr/src/midgard_core_query.c#L58

I tried to set up the same database as meta store, which seems to
improve performance a bit, but fails with postgres provider:

syntax error at or near "'Nullable'"
LINE 1: ...eric_precision, c.numeric_scale, c.is_nullable AS
'Nullable'...^,
No:(-1), src:gda-postgres, SQL: 42601

This definitely looks like a bug which should be corrected. I'll work on it ASAP.

Can you try running the tests/meta-store/check_meta_store_postgresql test program (you may have to explicitely ask make to compile it first)? Note that you need to export the POSTGRESQL_META_CNC environment variable first so that the test program knows where to connect to, for example:

export POSTGRESQL_META_CNC="HOST=gda;PORT=5432;USERNAME=gdauser;PASSWORD=GdaUser;DB_NAME=test"

Note that you should create a test DB for this as the test creates a meta store in the identified database, and thus creates many tables in it.

You should have a result similar to the one attached. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,