[gnome-db] Comments on Vala Extensions effort

Vivien,

Do you have any comment about my work on Vala Extensions?

I've added some examples for Object persistences; I will for Tables. I really think your comments about will be great! Including the ones for my comments and ideas about meta store.

I really think that may be we can expose some meta store methods (implementation made by providers) to allows others to use that information in its applications/libraries skipping SQLite storage. In my case I can access directly to improve performance; my Vala extensions gets the metainformation from GdaMetaStore and map it to GObject/Properties. Don't forget that they are C/GObject too, you can use in your C code if you want.

Please let me know what are your comments, suggestions and doubts on my work, in order to continue.

Plans:

a) I've reached Milestone 2: Implement DbTable interface
b) I'll implement DbSchema and DbCatalog interfaces
c) Check for Vala to add "inline SQL commands": SQL statements that could be part of your Vala code like LinQ does for C#

Finally, because implementations at b) are important for a first preview of this technology, could you tell me your release plan for 5.2 in order to see if they will be ready on time or I need to move my plans to 5.4.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)