Re: [gnome-db] loading sqlite extensions with gda?

On 22 October 2011 19:45, Leibowitz, Michael <michael leibowitz intel com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the spatialite plugin to sqlite3 through gda (gdamm,
actually), without much luck.  I'm trying to load the plugin as
follows:

 _connection->statement_execute_select(
     "SELECT load_extension('libspatialite.so.2')");

I don't get an error with that (it doesn't throw, at least), but the
next line throws:
  _connection->statement_execute_select("SELECT InitSpatialMetadata()");
I get a "no such function" message in the error.

Is it possible to load extensions into sqlite3 this way?  Is there
another way?  Am I doing something obviously wrong?  Why don't I get
an error from the SELECT load_extension?

Hi!

I had never had to load extensions, so I had never tested it. However it should work...

I have added a new option to pass when opening an SQLite connection ("EXTENSIONS=TRUE") to enable extensions loading (as a security measure as mentionned on SQLite's web site).

This is now corrected in Git master branch (see http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda/commit/?id=1c2327652b24a7c457d52496b1973082bd7871ea) and will be part of the 4.2.10 and 5.0 versions.

See the standalone example attached I used to make the test (using an example extension).

Regards,