Re: [gnome-db] Providers state

On 1 March 2011 10:36, Alexey Zakhlestin <indeyets gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:

> On 28 February 2011 21:56, Alexey Zakhlestin <indeyets gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there some table which lists status of different providers?
>
> Sure, see http://www.gnome-db.org/Providers_status
>

>> I ask because I tried to use Postgres provider as backend for Midgard
>> content repository, today and bumped into limitation:
>> _gda_postgres_meta__enums is not implemented
>
> This is not a limitation, by a reminder that there is a missing feature. In
> this case it's because recent versions of PostgreSQL feature enums, which
> are not currently analysed in the meta data extracted by Libgda (where all
> the database objects are reported). This has no functionnal impact unless of
> course you need to know all about the enums defined in your database; in
> this case adding this functionality is not very complicated.

thanks.

in Midgard we use a lot of metadata, so every bit counts.
for example, your table states that "MySQL 5.0.x" is fully functional,
but for us only 5.1.x+ works (maybe some latest 5.0.x also do, but
definitely not all of them) because 5.0.x doesn't provide enough
metadata

at the moment, we test all our releases against SQLite and MySQL 5.1.
I just wonder which of other "providers" will work for us, and which won't

If there are corrections to be made, I'll make them; all I need is a bug report (preferably bugzilla but mail is Ok). You're right that I never kept track of the exact versions of the database servers with which I test. In the meanwhile, I'll correct the text about MySQL to state that it works with 5.1 (as opposed to 5.0).

Regards,