Re: [gnome-db] Providers state

On 28 February 2011 21:56, Alexey Zakhlestin <indeyets gmail com> wrote:
Is there some table which lists status of different providers?

Sure, see http://www.gnome-db.org/Providers_status

I ask because I tried to use Postgres provider as backend for Midgard
content repository, today and bumped into limitation:
_gda_postgres_meta__enums is not implemented

This is not a limitation, by a reminder that there is a missing feature. In this case it's because recent versions of PostgreSQL feature enums, which are not currently analysed in the meta data extracted by Libgda (where all the database objects are reported). This has no functionnal impact unless of course you need to know all about the enums defined in your database; in this case adding this functionality is not very complicated.

Would be good to know what to expect in advance

About what? New features, bug corrections? There is a roadmap at http://www.gnome-db.org/Roadmap, but as most Open Source software in the end what gets in are what people actually need. I currently mostly work on the GdaBrowser because I use it on a daily basis. Bug and their corrections are in Bugzilla (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=libgda).

Regards,