Re: [gnome-db] Using system sqlite by default?

On 29 November 2010 14:03, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> So is there ever a reason to use the copy of the sqlite source code
>>> that's in libgda
>>
>> SQLite has many compilation options, and Libgda requires some of them.
>> The configure script checks that the system installed SQLite has the
>> required ones before using it.
>
> I use '--enable-system-sqlite' to build debian and ubuntu packages.
> Is it safe then?

Yes, no problem.

> Also I want to package libgda 4.2.2 for MeeGo ASAP.
> Should I enable system sqlite, or is it better to provide embedded one?
>

>From Libgda's POV, there should not be any difference (even though the
embedded SQLite is probably more tested, by me at least). For Linux
distributions, using a system SQLite is probably better since it
allows one to install updates to the SQLite package, when the same
update would be missed if the embedded SQLite is used (provided the
system SQLite is compiled with options which satisfy Libgda, which
imposes some constraints on the system SQLite). On the other side
using the embedded SQLite makes one less dependency.

Regards,