Re: [gnome-db] Gnome 3 and libgda

On 3 June 2010 19:42, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> I've saw some patches to allow libgda-ui to work with GSEAL_ENEABLE, but I'm
> not sure about GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, hope to see it confirmed or started.

At the moment I compile with the -DGSEAL_ENABLE
-DG_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES -DGTK_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES
-DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED flags and it
compiles correctly, so I think it's Ok.

> For libgda-ui I found on planet.gnome.org we need to install modules for
> GTK+ 2.x and for GTK+3. i not sure if libgda-ui is a module or not. But
> because 4.2 will be compatible with 4.0 series with libgda-ui additions, I
> don't know if we must not allow to create Apps using GKT+ 2.x but just
> GKT+3.0?

I don't think it's a GTK+ module (it does not affect GTK+ in any way).
I don't see any problem using Libgda-ui with GTK+ 2.x or GTK+ 3, it's
up to the user to decide.

> Documentation are using Mallard (projectmallard.org), I think we need to
> adapt our current documentation to it, or not?

The only end user documentation if the GdaBrowser doc which is already
written in Mallard syntax, so no adaptation is necessary.

Regards,