Re: [gnome-db] Per-table meta-data with capital letters in the table name?

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 09:08 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> note that there is also a
> gda_sql_identifier_remove_quotes() function.

From
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda/unstable/GdaSqlParser.html#gda-sql-identifier-remove-quotes
:
"
Prepares str to be compared: - if surrounded by double quotes or single
quotes, then just remove the quotes - otherwise convert to lower case
"

Why on earth does that covert to lower case if there are no quotes. That
means that my string will be changed if I call this on a string that has
no quotes. That's so annoying.

And there's no has_quotes() function to help me decide to call it. I
guess !gda_sql_identifier_needs_quotes() might do it, but first that
function would have to be documented to say what it actually checks for.
How can it know when something _needs_ quotes?

If you want to do that the you should do it in some other function.
--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com