[gnome-db] meta store.

Hello,

Question regarding meta store. There is a function to update the meta store as follows:

gda_connection_update_meta_store

When I run this, it waits about 10 seconds or so, so I assume it is building the meta store. However, when it is finished, I don't see any output. I would expect files to show up in etc/libgda-4.0, but nothing is added there. Is there meant to be any output?

Also if this generates a structure in memory only, does that mean that I have to call this function every time when I start my application?

My understanding was, that the meta store was written to an XML file and that the libgda would reference that. Only when a table layout has changed, you would run the gda_connection_update_meta_store function to update the XML files.

Anyone who can shed some light on this?

Thank you,
Bas.