Re: [gnome-db] Problem with sqlite provider in 4.0.1

2009/4/16 Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus freebsd org>
On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:11 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 14:17 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > I wonder how the libgda sqlite provider works on Linux.  On FreeBSD, we
> > are currently building it with the system sqlite3, but this appears to
> > be broken.
>
> Don't do that. If there's some easy way to do that in the libgda build
> system then it should be removed. It breaks things.

It detects our sqlite3 by default, and uses it.  There is no easy way to
DISABLE it except to hack configure.

The embedded SQLite  Libgda uses is patched a bit because SQLite does not by default allow one to get some meta data.

Also, the configure script tries to find a system SQLite which may be correctly compiled (this was asked by distrib. packagers which don't like packages embedding other packages, mainly for security reasons). However using a system SQLite was never fully tested and one of the reasons it was not tested is that normally the configure script, even if it found a sqlite3 library would discard it as not suitable (because it needs an SQLite which is compiled with the SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA flags and in which the sqlite3CreateFunc symbol is accessible, which is generally not the case). I wonder how you managed to compile SQLite so it exports the sqlite3CreateFunc symbol.

What I can do is make the necessary corrections in Libgda's code and release a 4.0.2 version (which will also have other bug corrections).

Regards,