Re: [gnome-db] how to print selected row in gnome_db_raw_grid?

2008/9/23 Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>

2008/9/23 paragasu <paragasu gmail com>
> gda_value_stringify(value)

assume that i know, the value return is string, then i can simply use
this function so i can print
(GValue to gchar) the string.  but there is no function to conver
GValue to gint or gfloat..

Yes, there are
g_value_get_int()
g_value_get_float()...

GValue has g_value_transform (from_value1, to_value2) (See documentation) then an int can be converted to string or a string to gdouble, but this must be registered at GType registration process (I don't know if you can add new or override the actual one).

the only function i can think of is gda_value_numeric but it doesn't do that.

so assume that i know, that i have a double datatypes inside my table
column, how i can get
the value and assign it in a gdouble variable ?

mydouble = g_value_get_double (value);

for example, if gchar,

i can simply
gchar *str;
str = gda_value_stringfy ();

The gda_value_stringify() works for GValue of any type.

Cheers,