[gnome-db] Libgda V3.99.5 on win32 using MinGW/MSYS

Hi,
I tried to compile the latest release on win32 using MinGW/MSYS.
Below are my comments based on you response about the previous version.
Regards
    Brecht

Vivien Malerba wrote:
Hi,
I just tried to compile the new new libgda v3.99.4 on Windows using MinGW/MSYS.

You mean you're not cross compiling, right?

However I got stuck in the tools directory. Here's the error:
  gda-sql-res.rc -o gda-sql-res.o
  ./gda-sql-res.rc: AppIcon: command not found
  make: *** [gda-sql-res.o] Error 127
I see the following problems:
- in tools/Makefile there is a line:
  WINDRES =
 which should probably be:
  WINDRES = windres

I have:
WINDRES = /usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-windres
which is set up automatically
This problem still exists in 3.99.5. I think configure is not properly detecting windres.

- the file tools/gda-sql-res.rc contains only one line:
  AppIcon ICON "gda-sql.ico"
 it refers to Windows icon file gda-sql.ico which is not included in the tarball.

Ok, I'll correct that ASAP.
I see it is now included. Thanks.

- when commenting out all the windows resource stuff there were some undefined references that were fixed by setting
  LDFLAGS = -lreadline -lcurses
 in tools/Makefile

I don't have this problem.
I'm having this problem a lot when porting to MinGW: the dependancies of linked libraries often need to be explicitly linked.

Apart from that I got it all compiled just fine. However I have only tried with these providers:
  mdb
  mysql
  sqlite

For my own information, could you be more specific about how those providers worked?
Is it correct that fewer providers are included than in the older versions? Or are my database libraries no longer properly detected?