Re: [gnome-db] gda_holder_set_value_static_str

2008/10/3 Massimo Cora' <maxcvs email it>
Hi Vivien,

Vivien Malerba wrote:
> * At line 1022, the value has not changed, and the debug message says
> that the function returns NULL when in fact it returns holder->priv->value.

oh, sorry. It was a typo. It's corrected now. It's right that the
function returns the current holder->priv->value.

> * whenever NULL is retuned and if it's an error, then g_set_error must
> be set.

I set the message "Change refused by signal callback." if the change
signal fails to propagate. Did you mean this?

> Yes, printing a warning if some mem leak is about to occur is a good idea.

ok to avoid problems in values management now I copy the whole GValue,
even if static, into a fresh new allocated GValue. User should take care
of freeing it. I wrote a comment on the doc of gda_holder_copy (),
because a g_print () there could decrease performances. Let me know if
it's ok like this or I'll change it.

Patch applied except for the error when the change signal callback returned an error because there is already g_propagate_error().

Thanks,