Re: [gnome-db] get_meta_store_data(GDA_CONNECTION_META_FIELDS)

2008/11/30 Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>
Hi!

Am Sonntag, den 30.11.2008, 14:53 +0100 schrieb Vivien Malerba:

> So what you need to do first is call gda_connection_update_meta_store
> (cnc, NULL, &error). You can also pass a non NULL second argument if
> you want to update the meta store regarding only a part of it (such as
> only the meta data regarding a table).

OK, thanks, that fixed this issue. I have an API question though. Why is
the field "Type's associated GType type" of type G_TYPE_STRING and not
of type G_TYPE_GTYPE here:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda-4.0/3.99/connection.html#GdaConnectionMetaTypeHead

The reason is that GType values are dependant on the execution instance (whereas GType as strings are not), which means you can't for example save a GType value, and load it back because it may not correspond to the same type then (it might in fact not correspond to a type at all).

Cheers,