Re: [gnome-db] V4: fix memory leaks

2008/5/19 Phil Longstaff <plongstaff rogers com>:
> The attached patch fixes some memory leaks where string values returned via
> g_object_get() are not freed.

They don't need to be freed because they will be in due time because
of the g_object_set_data_full ([...], g_free);

> I found one of these using valgrind and the others by code inspection.  I
> only looked at the main libgda directory, not at any providers (and I know
> there is at least 1 leak in the sqlite provider).  Is there any plan to
> inspect or run valgrind on the v4 code?

I don't have such plan myself (lack of time), but Murray Cummings is
doing some mem leaks tests with valgrind. However Libgda allocates
some memory which is not intended to be freed (such as static class
data), so you might get false positives there...

Regards,