Re: [gnome-db] libgda: mysql provider compression

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Bruno A. Castro <bruno tecpra com> wrote:
> I'm involved on a project that uses libgda.
>
> I have been googling for a few trying to find any way to activate MySQL
> compression (my clients are connected through HSDPA/3G mobile
> connection) but found nothing related to libgda. PHP and others have
> this as the flag MYSQL_CLIENT_COMPRESSION and reading MySQL manual there
> is another flag that can be used in DSNs: FLAG_COMPRESSED_PROTO.
>
> Is there any way to activate it on libgda?
>
> Can I put any of these flags on the DataSource params (modifying the
> config file)?

I believe one has to pass the CLIENT_COMPRESS to mysql_real_connect(),
which is not possible at the moment.
I can make a patch and and send it to you if you want, but you'll have
to recopile it (or wait if I make another 3.x release). Of course it
will otherwise be in the V4.

Tell me what you'd prefer.

Regards,