[gnome-db] libgda: mysql provider compression

I'm involved on a project that uses libgda.

I have been googling for a few trying to find any way to activate MySQL
compression (my clients are connected through HSDPA/3G mobile
connection) but found nothing related to libgda. PHP and others have
this as the flag MYSQL_CLIENT_COMPRESSION and reading MySQL manual there
is another flag that can be used in DSNs: FLAG_COMPRESSED_PROTO.

Is there any way to activate it on libgda?

Can I put any of these flags on the DataSource params (modifying the
config file)?

Thanks.

P.S.: I'm currently using libgda-3.0.1