Re: [gnome-db] 3.1.5 Release?

2008/7/22 Armin Burgmeier <armin arbur net>:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 10:26 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
>> 2008/7/20 Armin Burgmeier <armin arbur net>:
>> > I recently committed the patches for bugs #510739 and #503321 to the
>> > libgda-3-2 branch. They have been applied to trunk, but are currently
>> > not available for 3.x, and they make it easier to build and use libgda
>> > on Windows. Could we have a 3.1.5 release for this?
>> >

>> Ok, I'll do it ASAP (I hope tonight), or you can do it before if you want.
>
> I tried, but one of the checks during make distcheck fails:
>
> FAIL: check_data_proxy
> 1 of 3 tests failed
> Please report to gnome-db-list gnome org
>
> I guess the problem was this:

> 75%: Checks: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 1
> ../../../tests/data-models/check_data_proxy.c:115:E:Test read
> write:test6:0: (after this point) Test timeout expired
> Running suite(s): Test
>
> though I am not sure what the exact problem is or how to fix it.

Sorry I had forgotten about it...

I don't think I'll have the time to look into what the problem here is
because the code has changed a lot with the V4 in preparation, and
finding the bug would probably mean spend a lot of time and because I
prefer to spend that time on stabilizing the V4 (I'm still optimistic
about having a stable API by September).

So I can either make a release where the "make check" fails, or not
make the release (anyway the modification for that version certainly
did not add any bug related to the test failing).

Tell me,